Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] December Meeting and AGM

Author: timb
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] December Meeting and AGM
> Chris Dennis:
>
> It would be a disaster if HantsLUG fell apart completely -- maybe it
> will go through a quiet period and then burst into life again later.

Agreed. And, like Chris, I'll help out wherever I can; but for the last 18
months or so, I have just been too busy with other things. However, my
other commitments will reduce over the next 12 months, so hopefully you
should see me at more meetings next year.

I think the hardest part of the organisation is probably finding venues
for meetings, and organising talks. We owe a great debt of gratitude to
our friends at the University and IBM Hursley (and Nokia) for providing
such good venues.

I think next summer it might be nice to have a few informal meetings
(Bar-be-que type), which might encourage other family members to attend,
and take the pressure off finding "formal" venues.

Regarding talks, I am planning to do one on interfacing digital
multimeters through the serial port, which might be of interest to some,
but won't be until the start of next year (still a bit more code, and a
lot of slides to write).

Cheers,

Tim B.