Re: [Hampshire] The Price of Hard Drives

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The Price of Hard Drives
On 06/11/2011 19:23, Peter B. wrote:
> Floods in the east has caused price to near on treble. Good luck. Have a few in stock - could maybe help a little. But prices have gone stupid for now

Big discussion on groups such as uknot. Prices are inasne with amazon et.al limiting purchases to one or two drives per customer.

As has been pointed out, some vendors are now out of stock, so they have nothing to lose by ofefring drives for
what used to be sane prices to try and get you to buy other stock so be wary about anyone offering a 2TB F4 for <100UKP.

The one to two drives per customer and insane pricing is to try and keep stock so that customers will continue to
keep coming back - once word gets out a business has no drives in stock they are a non business.

I was planing to buy a heap of 3 or GB F4s for a biggish NAS but this will have to wait until prices become
sensible.

Another discussion on other lists was buying cheapish external drives and removing the HD.
Evidently PCworld now has some of the best prices - bette rthan amazon who is currently one of
the "out of stockers"...

Jacqui