Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Big IMAP accounts

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Big IMAP accounts
Secure FTP running on an internal server would be a good bet too. Full
control and unlimited space are good arguments.

There's loads of Exim / Dovecot how-tos on the web, but it has been at
least 18-months since I did a setup, so I can't remember exactly which one
I used (or if I used one at all).

Cheers,

Tim B.

On Thu, October 27, 2011 11:43 am, Graeme Hilton wrote:
> On 26 October 2011 00:25, Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
>> Yes, that's what they (a small architecture practice) do -- they send a
>> lot
>> of CAD files to and from clients, and want to use IMAP to allow access
>> from
>> laptops etc.
>
> If they're sending/receiving lots of large files then I don't think
> IMAP is the solution. Something like Dropbox should be able to offer
> a better solution. Or even Google Docs - 1GB free then $5 for an
> additional 20GB.
>
> --
> Graeme Hilton
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
openDynamics - Open-source Vessel Motions Calculation
Lead Developer
http://openpilot.sourceforge.net
http://opendynamics.engineering.selfip.org