Re: [Hampshire] Max OS HD image

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Max OS HD image

> I'm curious how this happened. Obviously the poor guy made a mistake,
> but even then this seems an extraordinary sequence to happen without
> some alarms going off.

The tools on OSX aren't great. Using the installation disk as a rescue
disk seems to be the norm. A few too many agreements[1] and you've
reinitialised the HDD...

> People tell me how user-friendly Apple is

People tell me the same thing. As a Mac user, I disagree. The lack of a
hierarchical menu system means you either need to put everything in the
dock (which gets cluttered *real* quick) or you have to remember the name
of the app so you can find it in Spotlight. The only alternative I've
found is to open yet another Finder window (because the last one is buried
under your open windows somewhere) and hope you can find your way to the
program's location (they're not all in Applications...)

I'm seriously considering getting Gnome onto my Mac.

Vic.

[1] OSX is much like Windows for giving you bazillions of windows where
you have to click "OK" or "agree" or somesuch. I doubt anyone but me
actually reads any of those...