Re: [Hampshire] getting organised for a mac mini: was [OT] I…

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] getting organised for a mac mini: was [OT] In memory of Steve Jobs

> However it (an old Co itmpaq N160) is working perfectly well with Debian
> Squeeze on it, but it will only work with a wired connection as it
> doesn't recognise cardbus PCMCIA cards.

Does it recognise any PCMCIA cards?

My N160 works fine with PCMCIA Wireless - that's all I've managed to get
working, as I totally failed to find a decent placement for the antennae
when I tried putting a mini-PCI card in.

If other types of cards work, your distro probably isn't installing the
assorted binary firmware blobs required by the cards.

Vic.