Re: [Hampshire] lost+found

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] lost+found
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:47:19 +0100, linux@??? said:

> Could somebody tell me if it's worth sorting through this, or is
> the data likely to be rubbish?

The data is likely to be there, but whether it is worth trying to identify
each bit of data and relate it to the original file is questionable. I've
been there, and have always resorted to using backups.

> Any help/advice would be much appreciated. (I've already worked out a
> better backup strategy for next time: no more RAID, use rsnapshot
> instead!)

RAID is not backup. Don't confuse it with backup.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?