[Hampshire] New Member

Author: James Bensley
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] New Member
Hi Luggers,

I'm new to HantsLUG and am thinking of showing my face tomorrow if I
can, to say hello. Just wanted to introduce me self and see what goes
on here. I'm a happy member of ALUG (Anglian-LUG) as Norwich is my
home town, but I have 10 fingers and 10 toes (including thumbs etc) so
don't worry. I'm a network engineer recently moved to Southampton.

I thoroughly enjoyed attending ALUG meetings as they are in a pub, so
it was always a good social time and people always brought kit to
dazzle you after a few cold ones which is fun (normally Arduinos) :D

So what's HantsLUG like, do you guys ever have socials and go to the
pub? Or pub after a meeting? [1] Also where is the "Red Hat
Farnborough" location of the meet tomorrow as the link on the wiki is
broken?

Thanks for reading, and hopefully see you soon!

[1] At this point I think I may be giving the wrong impression like
I'm a regular boozer, I'm not! I just find the pub to have a good laid
back atmosphere were people aren't afraid to voice crazy ideas they
have about running Linux on calculator and running with said idea :D

--
James.
http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/