Re: [Hampshire] Caching Debian and CentOS packages

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Caching Debian and CentOS packages

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5804a100.hantslug.org.uk.4500': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jul 4 05:33:32 2011 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 05:21:06AM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> For Debian/Ubuntu we use apt-cacher-ng, and for CentOS we maintain
> a local mirror. Looking at it again for a few new clients, I'm
> leaning towards simply having a Squid/mod_cache setup that caters
> for both Debian/Ubuntu and CentOS/Redhat, rather than the (rather
> flakey) apt-cacher(-ng) that needs to be restarted once a month,
> and the rather primitive mirroring of the entire repo.
>
> Has anyone got any experiences or ideas to contribute?

I currently use apt-cacher. Apart from having to have one for Debian
and another for Ubuntu I haven't really had any issues with it. I'm
also just mirroring CentOS base for that side of things.

So no, sorry, I haven't got any new ideas to contribute I'm afraid
but I am interested in how you get on with squid.

Cheers,
Andy