Re: [Hampshire] Screen

Author: Anton Piatek
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Screen
That looks exactly like what I want! Any way of splitting the screen
session into windows so when I attach I can see all 3 at once by default?

Anton

-
Anton Piatek
(sent from my phone, please excuse any typos)
email: anton@???
blog/photos: http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [74B1FA37] (http:// www.strangeparty.com/anton.asc)

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
On Jun 19, 2011 5:06 PM, "Adam John Trickett" <adam.trickett@???>
wrote:
> On Sunday 19 Jun 2011 16:50:58 Anton Piatek wrote:
>> I feel like a n00b for not knowing this, but does anyone know if/how I

can
>> script a screen session to launch multiple apps?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Ideally laying each out in its own window in the same screen session.
>
> Yes.
>
> I do this all the time by creating screenrc files with instructions for

each
> screen in them. That way when I logon to a box I just start screen and it
> starts one screen with a bash session (the default) one with mutt and one

with
> SSH to another box. It even gives them nice names.
>
> Somewhere in the .screenrc file put something like:
>
> screen -t Rouge 0
> screen -t Mutt 1 mutt
> screen -t Bleu 2 ssh -A lapin-bleu
>
> The "-t" means title if the status bar
> The number is the screen session
> and the bit at the end is the command to run, type nothing and you get

your