[Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meetings

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meetings

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56bd7100.hantslug.org.uk.9456': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun May 15 15:45:10 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

I would first like to thank Chris and his volunteered friends for hosting the
last LUG meeting on Saturday 7 May at Southampton University. It has made a
big difference being able to get into our own home twice in a row!

Next month, Anton has offered us the use on IBM Hursley on Saturday 4 June. I
believe it's all sorted out but he will confirm this shortly. He has to have
enough volunteers to person the event in the event of one of them dropping
out.

###

Chris will not be able to help us at Southampton next year as he is on a work
placement if I recall correctly. I hope that we may be able to get another
volunteer to replace Chris and with Robin (who let us in early this year), we
should be able to get into the University about 6-7 times per year.

###

I hope we can visit Nokia in Farnborough at least once more this year, it's
nice to share with our friends in Surrey and it would be nice to thank Bob and
the Nokia team who have been such excellent hosts over the years before it all
ends.

###

Advance warning: As some of you may know for some insane reason I appear to
have allowed myself to been volunteered onto my local parish council. As a
result my time is under more pressure than normal, it is therefore my intent
to stand down as chairman of the LUG at the end of this term.

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group