[Hampshire] Video processing library recommendations

Top Page
Author: Chris Smith
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: [Hampshire] Video processing library recommendations

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57dd8100.hantslug.org.uk.5392': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Apr 6 16:26:51 2011 BST
gpg: using DSA key 11BEF6408586B4B2
Hi all,

Can anyone point me at a simple library that allows me to do basic image
manipulation of video frames? Basically I just want something that
takes an AVI file, feeds me the pixel data frame-by-frame, lets me
manipulate the pixels and stuffs the modified frame back into an AVI
file (the same, or a different file). I don't care about audio -- any
audio data can be preserved or lost, I care not a jot. C, C++ and
Python are my preferred languages, but I'm not that hung up on them.

I've had a quick look at OpenCV, but it seems a bit complex for my basic
needs.

Thanks,
Chris
--