[Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Bring …

Author: Chris Malton
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Bring a Box meeting
Hi everyone,

(With apologies for not sending via Adam first)

Unfortunately, after some discussion with the Systems team at the
University, I have had the wipe the DHCP database due to a fundamental
flaw in the web form used to submit the data.

If you have already submitted DHCP requests, please do so again.
You will now have to agree to both the University and the departmental
terms of use for computing facilities, and that's something I've had
imposed on me.

If you don't register by the weekend, hopefully, upon turning up and
connecting, you'll get the DHCP page appear as soon as you try to visit
any other site, and then if you give it (at most) 10 minutes, it'll
re-register you and all will be well and you'll have proper networking.
I'm working to make this instant, but it does depend on a few bits of
magic that aren't so easy to implement.

Look forward to dealing with all the problems from this on Saturday.

Chris Malton