Re: [Hampshire] Unrelated: Re: Open/Libre Office

Author: alan c
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unrelated: Re: Open/Libre Office
On 28/02/11 20:58, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 20:41, David Rozzell
> <hantslug@???> wrote:
>> FLOSS - Not just for your teeth - Free Linux Open Source Software
>
> Unrelated, but:
>
> I always thought the L in FLOSS stood for "Libre" as in "Free, Libre,
> Open Source Software"?

Yes, and Linux is not so 'libre' as it could be, of course.
For example, HP are planning to put a linux based OS on 'all' of their
products this year I think (webos) however, it is not actually Libre
software, from what I can see.

It is the nub of the difference between Torvalds' and Stallman's
approaches to how far ethics should go.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user