[Hampshire] Open/Libre Office

Author: David Webb (NOC)
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Open/Libre Office
I have just been sent a new password for the new OpenOffice.org site (I once
contributed a couple of lines of java to solve a bug which annoyed me) - which
has made me more conscious of the fact that we now have both OpenOffice and
LibreOffice.

It seems to be a waste of effort to have a split like this and I cannot find
any discussion about the number of people who have moved across and the number
who have stayed with OpenOffice. Without getting emotional about the role of
Oracle, has anybody any feel of how this will develop?

Regards,

David Webb
Salisbury