Re: [Hampshire] Free Epson V200 scanner, Farnborough, Hampsh…

Author: Tony Wood
To: jacqui.caren, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Free Epson V200 scanner, Farnborough, Hampshire
On 28/02/11 12:32, Jacqui Caren-home wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 11:07, Tony Wood wrote:
>> Dear All
>> My scanner (bought Oct 2008) has just died.
>> PC Paramedics (Sandhurst) say it might just be the bulb (thin
>> fluorescent scanner sort) or the logic board. They wanted £70 just to
>> look at it so I'm going to buy a new one; not from them though.
>> If anyone local wants it to repair and keep, that'll make me feel
>> better than I would just chucking it in the bin for landfill.
>> It is/was an excellent high definition scanner and works OK with Linux.
>> Let me know soon if you want it.
>> Tony Wood
>
> I have a couple of older scanners with working bulbs - perhaps the
> bulbs would fit?
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

Thanks Jacqui, you're most kind.
Maybe you'll understand my not wanting any more hassle with it - I've
ordered a new scanner this morning after half an hour on-line finding a
(non-Epson!) one that works properly with Linux.
BTW, I'm still only a month or so into Linux, was at LUG meeting at
Nokia, but already am amazed at how very helpful and kind you (we?) all
are.
d:-)
Tony Wood
(from Linux PC)