[Hampshire] Really simple podcast setup

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Really simple podcast setup
I've recently acquired an iPod nano (cast-off from my daughter!). The
iPod supports podcasts, with the major feature that it remembers where
you have listened to in each one, and starts from that point if you come
back to that podcast after listening to something else. I have
subscribed to a number of podcasts in the usual way (yes, including the
Ubuntu UK one), and find that feature very useful.

I have a number of mp3 files (of Radio 7 programs, mostly) which I have
copied to the iPod, but they are treated as Music files. I would like
them to be treated as podcast files, so that I can listen to them in
sections. Can anyone suggest an easy way to do this? I have Googled,
but the solutions seem to involve setting up complex streaming systems -
I would like to run this on an MPC-L, so not much spare horsepower. New
mp3s are added to the list on a daily basis.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Simon