Re: [Hampshire] GuruPlug no longer boots.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: jacqui.caren, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GuruPlug no longer boots.
Thanks for that Jacqui, here is an update (ignore the pun).

I have just tried "apt-get update" and shortly afterwards I get this message
Archive directory '/var/cache/apt/archives/partial is missing'. It
then exits apt-get.
With aptitude I get the same message but it waits longer before
exiting. Yesterday after about a minute aptitude worked!!

resolv.conf contains
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
Which it has got from my router, Google name server.

A bit more info:
I remembered yesterday I ran the script 'sh /etc/rc.local' so did it
just now. The update has worked with aptitude though with some errors
due to PGP problems.

"Fetched 119kB in 2s (57.2kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY AED4B06F473041FA
W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY AED4B06F473041FA
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems"

I have no idea why the script has to be run now, it was not necessary
out of the box.