[Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband provid…

Author: Robin Wilson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband provider
Hi all,

I will be moving to a new flat in Southampton fairly soon and will need to set up broadband. Does anyone have any particular recommendations for good broadband providers? Compatability with Linux is obviously not a problem, as any broadband provided by a router should be fine, but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for sensible providers. As a geek I'd love it if I could call their tech support line and get through to someone who actually understood what I was saying about IP addresses, ports etc.

I guess the key criteria for me are unlimited downloads and fairly good speed. Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Robin