Re: [Hampshire] Cable coverage

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cable coverage
On Saturday 08 January 2011 21:50:17 Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Alternatively, explain what you want to do with it and see if
> they will provide the data for you. Although, if they only give you
> post codes for the locations, you will still be stuck converting that
> to real locations.

The cable areas might not coincide with the postal areas. E.g. we in
Rowlands Castle are all in PO9, and I don't think that Virgin has the info in
more detailed form. But a small part of PO9 can have cable, I believe.

I may be out of date, or misremembering. Having found that we are on no-one's
map or future plans for anything: no cable, no local loop unbundling, no
fibre-optics to anywhere, exchange or cabinet, I rather lost my curiosity.

As ADSL lines go, ours is rather good. We sync at 8128, and no doubt in 2015
(on current government plans) we shall have superfast access. Many are
significantly worse off. But I can see why someone might want to take such
things into account when moving.

Lisi