Re: [Hampshire] Gtk+

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gtk+

> 1) If I'm running Gnome/Debian/Mint then is Gtk+ already part of the
> system?

Yes.

> It appears to be a whole shed load of libraries.

It's not that much to worry about really - but if you're running a Gnome
desktop, you'll already have GTK. Make sure you also have the -devel
packages if you want to build against it, though.

> 2) When it says "or above" in the er.. above then is it best to take the
> latest library, or to grab the library that is the same or slightly higher
> that the version number?

It's *usually* best to take the latest library. Occasionally, if one or
both components has changed dramatically since the other was released, you
might get difficulties. But cross that bridge when you get to it...

Vic.