[Hampshire] heads up - UK Online ISP closing January

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, General Linux/Unix community List
Subject: [Hampshire] heads up - UK Online ISP closing January
I happen to be using UKOnline ISP and have just discovered they are
being shut down by their now owner, SKY. I am not sure how recently
the information became available, but I heard on the grapevine at
yesterday's Computer Fair, and was a bit surprised I had not received
information from the ISP itself. I do not use their email service
perhaps that is why. If I did I would be likely to have my mail files
deleted in January....

Customers are being offered a transfer to a sky broadband package,
which does not suit me, so I have made arrangements to move ISP. An
elderly relative is also affected, so that will need sorting out too.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user