Re: [Hampshire] Linux and GNU

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux and GNU

> 'Political baggage' historically got me and mine, the vote.

"Political baggage", in this instance, predominantly means Stallman
telling everyone that they had to call it "GNU/Linux", and just about
everyone else saying "yeah, yeah, whatever", and carrying on calling their
OS whatever they wanted to.

Stallman is actually right - but most people don't care[1].

Vic.

[1] Historically, this has been true of most things Stallman has said.
Years later, much of it has proven to be far more important than many of
us imagined. I'm not convinced that that will be the case here, though,
unless you are IBM, who have already benfited from it. But I've
underestimated Stallman before...