[Hampshire] [Hardware] DVI to DisplayPort adapters

Author: Ian Park
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [Hardware] DVI to DisplayPort adapters
We're looking at buying a new flat screen display for my wife to use
(she does the layout for our church magazine, and would like to be able
to view a complete double-page spread at a reasonable zoom). One of the
likely candidates has the usual D-sub analogue and DVI inputs *and* a
DisplayPort input. All our PCs have either D-sub or DVI outputs on their
graphics cards, and I'd like to be able to share the monitor between
several PCs. Does anyone know of a source for an adapter which would let
me feed the output from a graphics card with a DVI connector to a
monitor with a DisplayPort connector? Google searching has only turned
up adaptors for the converse: feeding from a DisplayPort output to a DVI
connector on the monitor. I don't know whether one of these would serve
for the opposite direction.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ian
--