Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...

Author: pavithran
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...
On 20 October 2010 14:10, Paul Stimpson <paul@???> wrote:
>Have you made sure the paper size and margins are the same on both Windows and Linux?

I have faced the same issue , but am just wondering a .doc file when
opened and printed in MS office if opened and printed in OO should
*not* go out of boundary .

Is it a bug ?    or is it because OO enforces some boundaries and has
paper type which more or less is style/template for paper/document ?

I hate it when people send me those word docs . I ask them to convert
to HTML or PDF or any decent sharable format and send me !

BTW how is the doc opening up in Koffice ?

Also send a copy of this thread to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice which is the
new Libre Office mailing list . They definitely would be coming with a
solution as they ARE the new pioneers of 'document ' freedom :)

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri