Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] GuruPlug

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] GuruPlug
On 9 October 2010 16:04, Mark Johnson <mark@???> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Those of you who were at the last meeting at Southampton Uni will have seen my
> GuruPlug server[1], the Debian-based successor to the SheevaPlug, which
> spectacularly failed to connect to the network properly.  Of course, when I
> got it home where no-one could see it, it started working perfectly again, and
> continues to do so.
> For those who are interested, I've set it up to run as a NAS, a web server,
> wireless access point and bit torrent client, and am considering some other
> uses for it.  If you're looking for a low-powered server for ~£100 (and aren't
> scared of a bit of hacking), they'd certainly have my recommendation. I've put
> more details and pictures on my blog[2][3][4].
>
> Cheers
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I was at the meeting but unfortunately did not see it. Too small I
suppose! I ordered a GuruPlug Server Plus about 3 1/2 months ago and
it just arrived this week. Thanks for the useful info on your blog.
As always I am involved in other things at present but will keep your
blog in mind for later reference.

Clive Woodfine