[Hampshire] Cron script problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Cron script problem

Sorry if I have asked this question before, but I am still beating my head
against the wall with it.

I have Ubuntu server 10.04 with xfce desktop. I have a small script (in fact
there are 5 but more of that in a minute) that runs an rsync command for backup
purposes, if I run this script from the cli with the following command (having
first changed to the folder containing the scripts)

./day1.sh

it runs perfectly. As I mentioend earlier there are 5 scripts day1,
day2..........day5 and I am trying to get cron to run one scrit per day but
what ever I seem to do they just don't run from cron. I am using webmin to set
these up in cron.

So my first question is, where should these 5 scripts reside (they currently
live in a folder called backup in the root of the file sytem)

How do I get cron to run them and where do I find any logs files that may point
to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tim