Re: [Hampshire] [OT] after a cheap screen and power cable

Author: Graeme Hilton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] after a cheap screen and power cable
I'm going to claim a pedant point here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector#C15_and_C16_connectors

PC's normally use C13/C14 combination leads/inlets.

Kettles would use a C15/C16 which is rated to use at 120°C vs the 70°C
of other IEC leads/inlets and has a mating feature to preclude the use
of lower temperature rated leads with the inlet (but not vice-versa).

<yes I know I'm a sad geek who knows too much about random stuff....> ;-)

Graeme