Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Shimano TL-FW30

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Shimano TL-FW30
On Sunday 12 Sep 2010, Chris Aitken wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > While on holiday this summer by bike rear wheel seized up and I need to
> > dismantle it to fix it. I don't suppose anyone has a Shimano TL-FW30 (or
> > compatible) freewheel extractor tool I could borrow do they?
> >
> > I can buy one for about £10 but that's probably more than my 10 year old
> > bike
> > is currently worth!
> >
> > I have - but your best bet by far is to take it to your local shop, who
>
> should remove it FOC. This will also save you buying one to find you have a
> cassette/freehub instead of a freewheel....

Thanks, that's what I did, Halfords got the freewheel off and sold me the
replacement bearings that I needed. Wheel is now reassembled.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity
has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    -- Richard Dawkins