Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following…

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following advice re Ubuntu

> The course is clearly Microsoft biased.

Which course is this, anyway?

> They also said that we "needed" Shockwave!

Sounds like there will be some Flash-based video sessions going on. You
almost certainly *don't* need Adobe's player. But that won't stop the
ignorati from telling you that you do, of course...

> When protesting about Shockwave being "needed" for a course about Linux, I
> got through in the end to the manager of the course team. She said to
> let her know what I thought of the course, and believe me I shall!

Unfortunately, you're almost certainly wasting your time. If they've put
together a course with that many errors in the initial brief, it's
probably not being run by anyone with an interest in teaching things that
are actually correct :-(

Bah.

Vic.