Re: [Hampshire] xml advice please

Author: Daniel Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] xml advice please
On 24/09/10 12:53, Edward Beckmann wrote:
> It's the kind of thing that is probably an office type of trick as
> opposed to learning scripts or other just for one task.

How do you know, if you don't know what the solution is?

XML isn't a format, it's a format for formats. You can encode data
however you like within the framework of XML.

This means that there is no single XML representation of a set of data.
Programs that import and export XML are using some common XML-based
format; they aren't communicating just by virtue of using XML.

Since the data is in the form of a simple table, you could look to see
if CSV import is supported. CSV is a common format for tables of
strings, and OO.o can export to CSV.

If not, I would still export to CSV but write a 5-line program to read
the CSV and output it as XML in the format you want.

Dan