[Hampshire] Where to start with Python?

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Where to start with Python?

Hi,

No before you ask I haven't turned to the darkside and decided to learn
Python :)

However a friend of mines son is at uni and is struggling with Python.

He has almost no programming experience to draw on and it's not a CompSci
course, but there is one unit which requires some Python scripting. He's
asked for help but apparently his tutor isn't being very helpful and just
says go read a tutorial online :(

He is a bright kid but doesn't have a computer/coding background so is
struggling to get started and I can't advise him on Python since I've
never used it.

So any recommendations for easy intros to Python which assume minimal
prior knowledge of coding?

Andy