Re: [Hampshire] Motherboard problems?

Author: Vic
To: Lisi
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Motherboard problems?

> Might I take up
> your offer in the first instance?

OK - I've just fired up one board. It's a WinFast 741M01C-G-6L. It's a
microATX board with a Sempron 2200+ fitted. Onboard graphics, LAN, USB
ports. Could probably do with a bit of a clean, and I'd renew the thermal
paste IIWY.

It takes DDR memory - is that what you've got? I can't remember the spec
of your board. I can't give you any RAM, I'm afraid - I had to pinch the
bit I'm using out of one of my working machines.

I've just booted it into Fedora 13 from a USB stick, and that seems to
work just fine. I haven't tested the IDE or FDC interfaces. And the CPU
fan is not the quietest thing I've ever used.

If you want it, it's yours...

Vic.