[Hampshire] [newsletters@apress.com: Beginning Ubuntu Linux,…

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] [newsletters@apress.com: Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Fifth Edition NowAvailable!]
This may be of interest.

BTW: I'll sort out book reviews shortly, so if you are iunterested
let me know within the next fortnight.

----- Forwarded message from Apress <newsletters@???> -----

Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:41:34 -0700
From: Apress <newsletters@???>
To: adam.trickett@???

*** Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Fifth Edition Now Available ***

http://apress.com/book/view/1430230398

Ubuntu Linux is the fastest growing Linux-based operating system,
and Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Fifth Edition teaches all of us—
including those who have never used Linux—how to use it
productively, whether you come from Windows, Mac, or the
world of open source. Based on the best-selling previous edition,
Beginning Ubuntu Linux, 5th Edition maintains a fine balance
between teaching Ubuntu and introducing the new features in the
most recent Ubuntu release, Lucid Lynx.

Purchase your copy in eBook format or Pre-order through Amazon
today!

What you'll learn:

    * Use Ubuntu as a daily desktop on your laptop or PC

    * Complete office tasks, such as creating Microsoft Office-
      compatible documents and spreadsheets, using e-mail, and
      managing contacts

    * Listen to MP3s, manage pictures and CDs, and watch movies
      using a user-friendly Linux desktop

    * Configure Ubuntu’s printer- and file-sharing features to
      share resources seamlessly with other computers on your
      network

http://apress.com/book/view/1430230398

***

We do not send unsolicited newsletters. You received this because
you've previously bought eBooks from us, or signed up for our
newsletter at www.apress.com or at a tradeshow. To be removed
from the Apress newsletter mailing list, you can unsubscribe
here:
http://app.streamsend.com/private/hbs1/6IK/4qYC8Mw/
unsubscribe/

For all other requests, please do not reply to this e-mail.
Instead, e-mail info@??? with any questions and we'll get
back to you.

Apress, 233 Spring Street, New York, NY 10013, USA