Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

> Anybody who is worried about what others may make of their email
> should find another way of communicating. Once you press send, there
> is little control over what machines it will pass through. I always
> considered email to be as private as a postcard.

That depends on your email setup.

I have a number of recipients to whom my server will only send if the
far-end server presents the credentials I set up on it. STARTTLS is a
wonderful command :-)

Of course, such setups are overkill for most scenarios - but the amount of
privacy in an email depends largely on the amount of privacy you want to
deal with. Encrypted email is hardly onerous...

Vic.