Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Letter to investors

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Letter to investors
On 22/07/10 22:48, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Vic wrote:
>

>> I'm afraid I've fallen at the first hurdle; I've done some reading on
>> DIASER, but I've yet to understand what it offers me over and above
>> something like MooseFS and losetup -e...
>>
> If that is the case and others agree then I will cease coding DIASER.

There are many producers whose products essentially duplicate others but
offer their customers (paying or otherwise) some reason to use their
particular version.

If you are looking to make a business of this, you need to be prepared
to sell your product over these similar products if you are to justify
investment in your company.

What I gather from Vic's reply is that, in his case at least, you have
failed to do so. You might want to analyse why that is and reconsider
your pitch. On the other hand you might think his opinion is invalid and
your pitch is good.

However, the fact that your product is not unique in the market place
doesn't strike me as a reason to give up.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk