Re: [Hampshire] [OT?] This is odd...

Author: Jim Kissel
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT?] This is odd...

It's not difficult to configure apache or for that matter most other web
servers to run on any non-used port. The default for httpd is to run on
port 80, or 443 for shttp requests. "non-standard" ports use to be
quite common in the early days of the web.

It would require some manual configuration to change which ever web
server to run on 5555 on Fedora 6. Either that, or someone may have
hacked the server or at sometime a hacked version of httpd was installed
on it.

ymmv

--
Life is too short.