[Hampshire] Graphing library for arbitrary number of datasou…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Graphing library for arbitrary number of datasources

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56eed100.hantslug.org.uk.32150': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jun 13 04:29:47 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hello,

I'm wanting to create historical graphs -- most likely stacked area
graphs -- of some things in a database. Normally I use RRD when I
want to graph things, but RRD files have a fixed number of data
sources when they are created and adding data sources is a bit of a
pain. This will have new values added over time, so I don't think
RRD is suitable. What would others recommend?

I can probably remember how to drive gnuplot if that is the best
answer.

I would prefer to write the bits that get the data out of the
database in Perl, so something with a Perl interface would be great.

The database is only ever a snapshot of current values, so I need to
record the values elsewhere for historical purposes (which RRD is
nice for).

Cheers,
Andy