[Hampshire] AGP graphics cards later, nvidia GeForce 6xxx an…

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] AGP graphics cards later, nvidia GeForce 6xxx and higher (or ATI/AMD)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56df3100.hantslug.org.uk.956': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jun 7 22:02:04 2010 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

I've got two ageing desktop systems with nvidia FX5200 graphics cards in them.
With all the latest bling in KDE4 et al they are starting to show their age.

To try and extend their life, the CPU, RAM and disk is fine, I'm on the hunt
for faster graphics cards, does anyone have any AGP (not PCI-e) cards lurking
that they no longer need, of GeForce 6xxx or later generation.

I did try to get the one Mat was giving away but Clive beat me too it!

You can buy them new but they are not that cheap, for what they are hence my
begging email! Ideally I'm looking for freebies...

I currently use nvidia and wouldn't turn my nose up at AMD/ATI but I don't
know as much about them to quote a modern AGP card.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Despite all its complexity, fuzziness, uncertainty and spooky action-
at-a-distance, quantum mechanics is probably a Good Thing.  However, I
must also note that QM permits Microsoft Windows to exist.
    -- John Walker