Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Freeview

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Freeview
On 22/05/10 12:09, Leo wrote:
> Freeview has been playing up recently on both my digibox and computer.
> Essentially I've lost about half the channels. Although they don't seem
> to be frequency specific: so I can still get BBC3, but not BBC4. After
> numerous re-scans I'm getting lines like the following in my channels.conf:
> [46c0]:529833330:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_3_4:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:0:433:18112
>
> So there's a bizarre channel name and there doesn't seem to be a video
> component. I've read somewhere that things may have changed recently in
> preparation for HD - could this be related? Any insight would be
> appreciated.
>
> Leo

I had to retune my telly and also my Mythtv box's DVB-T card after they
both started reporting 'no signal'.

Since then, I can't get the 706MHz multiplex ('Mux 1') that includes BBC
1 on the Hannington transmitter. The other 5 muxes are OK. (I'm not
too stressed, because I get BBC 1 etc. via satellite.)

cheers

Chris

--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???