Re: [Hampshire] Grub brings up system system on wrong partit…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Grub brings up system system on wrong partition
OK, replying to my own post here which I know some people frown upon,
but just to close it off.

I am not sure why this odd setup happened; I guess it's in some way
because I rsunk a partition onto another. But I got over the issue by
manually editing the grub.cfg file and rplacing the unwanted UUID with
the 'correct' one.

Yes, it does say DO NOT EDIT at the top of the file, but I was doing
it as a pro-tem measure as I was immediately going on to upgrade using
Update Manager to 10.04 LTS and allowed the upgrade to rewrite the
grub file itself.(*)

(*) : which it did, apparently correctly. The new 10.04 install does
not boot, but that is another thread.