Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] problems with accessing startx.co.uk

On Fri, 7 May 2010, john lewis wrote:

> I have been googling, ;-), and it looks like most places offering
> domain registration also want to sell hosting, email, web site setup
> and so on.
>
> Can anyone suggest a registrar who does only domain registration?

I use 1&1 for this.

They offer web hosting and email and all that jazz, but will let you just
transfer/register the domain with them.

I use their DNS service as well which is included in the price of the
domain registration and just point it at the IP address of the VPS.

I've been using them like this since 2005 and I've not encountered any
noticeable issues.

Andy