Re: [Hampshire] Dell wireless card

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dell wireless card
On 04/05/10 13:34, Julian Burgess wrote:
> Dear all
>
> My wife has a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit distro on it
>
> The wireless card is a Dell Wireless 1395 wlan minicard
>

> I cannot seem to locate the drivers so as to be able to use it in
> Ubuntu. Works fine in Vista with which she is dual booting
>

> Thanks in advance Julian

Hi Julian,

From what I can see from a quick search it is a Broadcom chipset that
is not directly supported in Ubuntu and will need a workaround like
ndiswrapper or fwcutter to get it going.

What laptop are we discussing please? You may find a guide on 'Linux on
Laptops'* or somewhere similar that talks you through the various options.

Sean

* http://www.linux-laptop.net/

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk