Re: [Hampshire] 32- or 64-bit distro?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 32- or 64-bit distro?
On 4 May 2010 13:12, Paul Stimpson <paul@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried 64-bit once about a year ago. I have some 32-bit only apps and couldn't work out how to install all the 32-bit libraries needed to make them work.
>
> Do you know any good guides to doing that please?

Sadly, I've not found any good 'general' guides on this. I have
struggled with the issue a few times for specific applications, and
it's normally been a case of googling or searching on the ubuntu
forums for the particular filename that is being complained about in
order to find out what compatibility files are required and where to
put them.