Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On
On Wednesday 14 April 2010 13:55:00 Alan Bell wrote:
> sam wrote:
> > Just a general comment - is this re-inventing what
> > www.theyworkforyou.com is doing? I realise that there's a focus on
> > technology, but there's a lot of good info on the latter site about
> > the incumbants which votegeek seems to be trying to re-gather.
>
> no. theyworkforyou.com is about MPs and what they vote for. There are
> no MPs at the moment, there are just candidates. Votegeek.org.uk is
> purely about the election and this period where people are choosing
> candidates to represent them in parliament. The website
> writetothem.com is now suspended for writing to members of
> parliament, because there are none.

Fair enough. Though I would say that what previous MPs have
voted for is probably a good indication of how they'll behave
if they're re-elected. It doesn't make them less interesting
just because we know something about their history.

> If you look on your constituency page
> (http://votegeek.org.uk/aldershot/ in your instance if Gerald
> Howarth was your MP) there are links to a leaflet gathering project
> http://www.thestraightchoice.org/leaflets.php?n=aldershot and
> Democracy Club.
> http://www.democracyclub.org.uk/constituencies/aldershot/ the
> Democracy Club project is a bit of a collection of efforts related
> http://www.mysociety.org/

Okay.

Another site I've seen is http://skeptical-voter.org/ which is
gathering information on MPs and candidates from the perspective
of science geeks.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???