[Hampshire] thanks for the distro tips

Author: Benjamin Ashton
To: Hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] thanks for the distro tips
Thanks to all who gave me advice about what light-distro to pick for our ailing computer. In the end I opted for Zenwalk as it:

a) ticked all the boxes
b) had the word 'Zen' in it, which made my wife laugh as she is a zen student
c) had a dolphin logo, which suited my son, who is still mourning the loss of the So'ton University logo.

So, as you can see, I did it for all the right reasons (ahem!).

Seriously though, it works beautifully and is much faster than XP and worked fine with the printer and scanner, despite them being Canon. So, apart from a few minor funnies (one of which: the @ and " keys are swapped over - is there any way, other than going through all possible keyboard layouts to correct this?). We are both really happy with it and I think that I might have converted someone to the Way of Linux.

Thanks,

Ben