Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On
On 13/04/10 12:42, Alan Bell wrote:
> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> On the subject of voter apathy I would say: what's the point?
>>

> I could argue with you about that, but frankly I can't be bothered :-)

I wasn't serious Alan, just being controversial to make my point.

I do find it disheartening though that the system is so slow to respond
that once something has been decided by 'the powers that be' it is
almost impossible to stop it. I get the impression British politics is a
game played mostly by two teams who get to win in varying degrees, while
the voters spectate and lose every time.

Party politics is becoming increasingly irrelevant, with both sides
doing whatever is necessary to run their flag up the pole and win 'a
little bit more' than their oppositese, who wait in the wings for their
turn at the trough.

Meanwhile, we are effectively ruled by whoever has the most buying power
when it comes to lobbying, and the economy trumps over quality of life
every time.

Cynical, I know, but I have seen little to convince me otherwise in my
45 years. I do think about alternatives, but the game appears to be
rigged so that anything else doesn't stand a chance - you play by the
rules or you don't play at all.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk