Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Content might offend Penguins

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Content might offend Penguins
Dee Earley wrote:
> MS can normally supply media packs but may charge you for them.
> It's worth checking anyway.

See if employer has MSDN membership - they may have free download access
or a great big set of DVD/CDs on a shelf soemwhere.

> (Or torrents, not that I condone them for illegal purposes!)

Not only illegal but often very very dicey - and very very difficult to
detect.
I worked with someone who downloads for day$job - some really nasty stuff out there.

Even worse are the Asus laptop windows installs that come preloaded with an
(passed as clean by commercial AV) backdoor.

Nasty.