[Hampshire] Vote Geek

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, surrey
Subject: [Hampshire] Vote Geek
Hi all,

with the General Election just round the corner I am putting together a
little website to help organise a letter writing campaign asking the
candidates what they think about the issues that matter to us. This is a
project supported by the Free Software Foundation Europe amongst others.
Please take a look at http://votegeek.org.uk and find your constituency,
right now we are looking for contact details to be updated, so if any of
your candidates are missing contact details it would be great if you
could correct them. Additionally if your sitting MP is using their
parliamentary contact details these have to be changed as when
parliament is dissolved all the phones and emails get cut off and they
are not allowed in to the Palace of Westminster. They are all changing
their twitter IDs this time which is new! Have a think about what you
might like to ask your candidates, it might be something topical like
the Digital Economies Bill or a more general "what will you do to
support Free software" type of question. The issues do matter, in the
constituency where I live http://votegeek.org.uk/south-west-surrey/
amongst others we have Richard Mollet standing who is a spokesman for
the BPI and a supporter of DRM and the three strikes internet
disconnection scheme. Now is the time to tell the candidates what we
want from them and what they have to do to win our votes.

Alan.