Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Smartphones with keyboards

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Smartphones with keyboards

> To answer Bob Dunlop's question: when I'm away from home I like to use
> my Aspire One to keep up with email and possibly a bit of web browsing,
> so I want to be able to use a mobile phone as a 3G/GPRS modem (as I do

If that's all why carry the Aspire ? more or less what I use my N900 for.

For browsing the builtin browser works fine for me, copes well with things
like utube. You can download firefox if you like but I prefer the builtin.

For email, well I ssh to home and run mutt.  Seems like a Luddite solution
but both Mutt and nvi work well with the N900 terminal display and keyboard.
--
        Bob Dunlop