Re: [Hampshire] Basic CAD software?

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Basic CAD software?
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:35:23 +0000
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

>    I'd hardly describe OpenOffice Draw as "high-end". Like almost
> everything else in OpenOffice.org, it's a poor copy of MS Office,

mebbe so but it is free and 'good enough' for most users. OOo Write has
opened all word/excell docs sent to me to date.

The authors of said docs mostly couldn't care less about the
capabilities of the MS product, they use it 'cos that was what they got
with their computers.

The poor souls who got MS Works have to put up with their default
format docs seeming to be incompatible with everything except the
version it originated on ;-(

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid